- Peridance Online Studio Connect
- Peridance Contemporary Dance Company
- KnJ Theater
- Adult Open Class Program
- Daily Schedule
- Rates & Policies
- New Students
- Gift Certificates
- The School at Peridance
- Young Movers Program
- Core Pre-Professional Program
- Children/Teen Open Track
- Training Programs
- Certificate Program
- Dance Studies Program
- Intensive Semester
- Independent Studies Program
(3-month and 6-month)
- Summer Studies
- Audition Tour
- International Students
- F-1 Visa Programs
- BLUEPRINT Summer Intensive
- Global Summer Dance
- Contact Us
CHILDREN/TEEN OPEN TRACK
The Children/Teen Open Track offers dance classes for children ages 6 to 18 years old. The program allows students to build their own schedule of classes based on their interests and desired commitment level. Styles offered include Ballet, Tap, Contemporary, and Hip Hop. As students grow and mature, discipline and vocabulary of various techniques are introduced through positive and nurturing teaching methods. Age ranges for classes are kept narrow at the younger levels to keep students working at the most appropriate level for their physical and emotional needs. Age ranges widen at the older levels to allow students ample time to work through bigger concepts and class material.
In addition to offering weekly enrollment based classes, advanced students interested in additional performance opportunities are encouraged to audition for the school's SynKopate Tap Company or iRep Street Dance Crew.
Academic Year Specific Classes
- Click here for the Spring 2021 Class Schedule.
- Pre Ballet (6 - 7 years)
- Ballet I (7 - 8 years); previous dance training recommended
- Ballet II (8 - 10 years); 2-3 years of ballet training recommended
- Ballet III (9 - 12 years); 3-4 years of ballet training recommended
- Ballet IV (11 - 14 years); 4+ years of ballet training recommended
- Ballet V (13 - 16 years); 5+ years of ballet training recommended
- Ballet VI (15 - 18 years); 5+ years of ballet training recommended
- Pre Tap (6 - 7 years)
- Tap I (7 - 8 years); previous dance training recommended
- Tap II (8 - 10 years); 2-3 years of tap training recommended
- Tap III (9 - 12 years); 3-4 years of tap training recommended
- Tap IV (11 - 14 years); 4+ years of tap training recommended
- Tap V (13 - 16 years, by audition only); 5+ years of tap training recommended
- Tap VI (15 - 18 years, by audition only); 5+ years of tap training recommended
- Contemporary I (7 - 8 years); previous dance training recommended
- Contemporary II (8 - 10 years); 1-2 years of contemporary training recommended
- Contemporary III (9 - 12 years); 2-3 years of contemporary training recommended
- Contemporary IV (11 - 14 years); 3-4 years of contemporary training recommended
- Contemporary V (13 - 16 years); 5+ years of contemporary training recommended
- Contemporary VI (15 - 18 years); 5+ years of contemporary training recommended
- Intro 2 Hip Hop (6 - 8 years)
- Old Skool Hip Hop A (9-12 years) previous hip hop training recommended
- Lite Feet A (9-12 years) previous hip hop training recommended
- Hip Hop & R&B (13 - 18 years) 3-4 years of hip hop training recommended
*NOTE* The School at Peridance is slowly working on bringing classes safely into the space. Unless otherwise noted, all classes are being held virtually.
Click here for the Academic Calendar.
Please note: for Spring 2021, classes may be limited due to Covid-19.
Ballet (6 - 18 years)
- The School at Peridance Ballet program works through careful alignment and coordination to create a strong ballet foundation. Students study proper placement, coordination and musicality at age appropriate levels.
Levels & Prerequisites
Tap (6 - 18 years)
- The School at Peridance Tap program follows a rhythm tap curriculum. Emphasis at the lower levels is put on musicality, understanding rhythm and producing clean sounds. At the higher levels, dancers explore their own artistry and complement their technical training with improvisation.
Levels & Prerequisites
Contemporary (7 - 18 years)
- The School at Peridance Contemporary program combines elements of jazz and modern techniques. Emphasis at the lower levels is put on proper body alignment, coordination and flexibility. As students age through the program, attention is brought to transitions, musicality, and artistry.
Levels & Prerequisites
Hip Hop (6 - 18 years)
- The School at Peridance Hip Hop program, under the guidance of TweetBoogie, begins with Intro 2 Hip Hop to familiarize students with hip hop foundation including bounce, rock and grooves. From ages 6 to 18, students are able to study different street dance styles including Old Skool Hip Hop, Lite Feet, Afro Beats, Hip Hop & R&B and Reggaeton/Hip Hop. In this program, students will build upon the foundation /history and vocabulary unique to each style.
Levels & Prerequisites
- Please note, there are NO REFUNDS once registrations and fees are processed and paid. TUITION AND FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE.
*Registration fees apply to new students for Spring 2021. Students returning from Fall 2020 who are adding classes may be subject to an additional $25.00 registration fee.
|# Weekly Classes||Total Tuition (One Installment)||Payment Plan Fee||Payment Plan (4 Installments)|
The School at Peridance will happily welcome new students into our programs should we have space available in the class. Students will be required to take a trial class first to ensure they are placed in the appropriate level and that both the teacher and student feel they are able to join in the curriculum with a late start. Prorated tuition is not offered by week but in separate enrollment periods.
*New students enrolling for Spring 2021 will be subject to an additional $50 registration fee
|Start Date||Tuition (for single class)|
|February 1 - March 13||$630.00*|
|March 14 - April 24||$420.00*|
- Dress code is required for at home virtual classes with the exception of footwear. Dancers are encouraged to wear appropriate footwear, but in certain instances teachers will advise with alternative options to protect students' feet and floors at home.
For all classes, dancers should have hair secured back away from their face.
Please note that dancers for any ballet based class are welcome to wear pink or flesh colored tights with pink or flesh colored ballet slippers. We do ask that tights and shoes match for a consistent line.
|Pre-Ballet||Light Blue Leotard / Footed Ballet Tights / Ballet Slippers|
|Ballet I||Lavender Leotard / Footed Ballet Tights / Ballet Slippers|
|Ballet II||Royal Blue Leotard / Footed Ballet Tights / Ballet Slippers|
|Ballet III||Navy Blue Leotard / Footed Ballet Tights / Ballet Slippers|
|Ballet IV, V and Core||Black Leotard / Footed Ballet Tights / Ballet Slippers|
(Pre Level - VI)
|White Fitted T-Shirt / Black Boys' Tights / Black Ballet Slippers / Black Socks|
|Tap Girls (Pre Level- VI)||Black Leotard / Black Tights or Leggings / Black Tap Shoes|
|Tap Boys (Pre Level- VI)||Black Leotard / Black Tights or Leggings / Black Tap Shoes|
(Levels I - VI)
|Black Leotard / Black Tights or Leggings / Bare Feet|
(Levels I - VI)
|Black T-Shirt / Black Boys' Tights or Leggings / Bare Feet|
(Pre Level- VI)
|Comfortable Clothing (Leggings, T-Shirt, Sweats) / Athletic Sneakers / No Crop Tops or Booty Shorts|
Due to Covid-19 the status of our 2021 concerts are to be determined.
Note that spring tuition will include a costume fee. All concert tickets will be sold online through Peridance's website.
All Pre Level Students (Pre Ballet, Pre Tap, Intro 2 Hip Hop) are invited to participate in the Creative Concert held at the end of Spring Semester. This end of the year concert builds upon technique and skills learned during the fall semester.
Performances are typically held in Peridance's KnJ theater on Sunday and families should be prepared to have their dancer dropped off early for their tech and dress rehearsal before the performance.
All Level I - VI classes (Ballet, Tap, Contemporary, Street Dance) are invited to participate in the Annual Concert held at the end of Spring Semester. This end of the year concert builds upon technique and skills learned during the fall semester.