- Peridance Contemporary Dance Company
- KnJ Theater
- Theater Rentals
- Adult Open Class Program
- Daily Schedule
- Video on Demand
- Rates & COVID-19 Policies
- New Students
- Gift Certificates
- The School at Peridance
- Young Movers Program
- Core Pre-Professional Program
- Children/Teen Open Track
- Training Programs
- Certificate Program
- Independent Study Program
(3-month, 6-month, and 12-month)
- Dance Studies Program
- Intensive Semester
- Audition Tour
- International Students
- F-1 Visa Programs
- A Bournonville Intensive
- BLUEPRINT Summer Intensive
- Global Summer Dance
- Contact Us
Peridance Center firmly believes that one of its responsibilities, as a major New York City dance hub, is to demonstrate a commitment to giving back to the local, national, and international communities. The Center's faculty, students and staff dedicate themselves to be part of this mission and to make a positive change in their communities as well. There are three opportunities to gain scholarship at Peridance.
1. Training Programs
Peridance Center offers domestic and international students a limited number of partial and full MERIT-based scholarships (10%, 20%, 50%, 75% & 100% Scholarships) each academic year through an Online Application for its dance programs:
Awarded according to the following criteria and requirements:
*Currenty there is no position available.
CERTIFICATE PROGRAM & INTENSIVE SEMESTER STUDENTS ONLY:
Work-Study Option: On-campus work for a reduction in tuition option is available to prospective and current students. Applicants must demonstrate a strong study ethic, job-related skills, professionalism, as well as a financial need, if applicable. Qualified applicants are granted Work-Study positions at Peridance's sole discretion.
To start an application today please go to our Peridance Scholarship Application. ($50 application fee is required).
2. Dance Competitions
Peridance recognizes the importance of dance education in the public sector, especially for underserved students. Through its non-profit organization, the Peridance Contemporary Dance Company, it provides free dance performances, classes, and workshops, as well as free tickets to annual performances. For more information please visit http://www.peridance.com/pcdc/outreach.cfm
4. Open Classes
Professional Dancer FREE Ballet ClassesCALLING ALL PROFESSIONAL DANCERS!
As the NYC dance community continues to reopen and embark on a new chapter of live performances, Peridance Center is excited to support professional dancers by providing the opportunity to train for FREE in select In-Studio Open Classes.
5 free spots will be available in each of the following classes:
- Advanced Ballet with Janet Panetta: Mondays | 11:35am
- Advanced Ballet with Francois Perron: Tuesdays | 11:35am
- Advanced Ballet with Elizabeth Ferrell: Wednesdays | 11:35am
- Advanced Ballet with Leyland Simmons: Thursdays | 11:35am
- Advanced Ballet with Janet Panetta: Fridays | 11:35am
- If you identify as a professional dance artist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with verification of employment. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Current C ompany contract
- Dancer profile on a company website
- Email confirming employment with a choreographer/artist/company
- Freelance gig contract
- Dancers must be preapproved in order to redeem free class. Spots will be granted on a first come first serve basis. In order to maximize the number of dancers participating in this offering, each dancer can redeem a free class only two times per month.
BIPOC Scholarship FundProceeds from Dancestry Q&A classes directly funded the involved artists and were used to instigate a scholarship fund to encourage and support more BIPOC youth in taking classes at Peridance Center. For more information on this fund, please email email@example.com.
For more information, please email the proper correspondent from our Contacts page.