- Peridance Contemporary Dance Company
- KnJ Theater
- Adult Open Class Program
- Daily Schedule
- Video on Demand
- Rates & COVID-19 Policies
- New Students
- Gift Certificates
- The School at Peridance
- Young Movers Program
- Core Pre-Professional Program
- Children/Teen Open Track
- Training Programs
- Certificate Program
- Independent Study Program
(3-month, 6-month, and 12-month)
- Dance Studies Program
- Intensive Semester
- Audition Tour
- International Students
- F-1 Visa Programs
- A Bournonville Intensive
- BLUEPRINT Summer Intensive
- Global Summer Dance
- Contact Us
Job opportunities at Peridance allow students to work in exchange for classes. Peridance recognizes how important training is for developing pre-professional and professional dancers, and how difficult it can sometimes be to find one's way into the classroom! Students can earn discounted or free classes as interns with the office staff, as work-study with the front desk or at in-house performances, or as cafe workers. You can find details on each position below. All positions are non-permanent and are unpaid.
Current Available Positions
Peridance's Internship Program provides real world, practical knowledge of the daily operations in a professional New York City dance center. Interns will be expected to work on multiple long-term projects with an emphasis on developmental strategies as well as internal organization. Interns must be responsible for working with minimal supervision and completing projects on a deadline. Consistent and reliable work hours will be mutually established and must be adhered to for the entirety of the internship period. The position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment with detailed accuracy. Applicants must currently reside in NYC and have a strong command of English with secondary languages a plus.
- Applicants must commit to 15 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months
- Must be proficient in a Mac environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, social networking sites, Photoshop, and Illustrator a must
- Video editing skills using Final Cut Pro, iMovie etc.
- Excellent writing skills
- Priority will be given to those with experience in dance administration who are pursuing or have completed their college education
- Invaluable knowledge and experience working in a top NYC dance center
- Connections and relationships with the local and international dance community
- Unlimited free classes at Peridance (work schedule takes priority)
- Discounted rates on workshops, performances, studio rentals, and Peridance merchandise
- Personal recommendation letters
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your dance and administrative resume along with your bio and headshot. Once applications are screened, an interview will be scheduled.
Are you an experienced barista? Peridance Center's new Cafe is in need of helping hands! Do you have prior experience operating an espresso machine or working at a coffee shop/restaurant? If so, please consider applying for a Work Study position. Fill out an application at the front desk and please attach your resume and headshot.
Positions are considered Work-Study, and each shift will be 6 hours: 9am - 3pm or 3pm - 9pm
Peridance Capezio Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.