- Peridance Contemporary Dance Company
- Alice: Beyond the Mirror
- KnJ Theater
- Theater Rentals
- Adult Open Class Program
- Daily Schedule
- Video on Demand
- Rates & COVID-19 Policies
- New Students
- Gift Certificates
- The School at Peridance
- Young Movers Program
- Core Pre-Professional Program
- Children/Teen Open Track
- Training Programs
- Certificate Program
- MOPTOP Universal
- Independent Study Program
(3-month, 6-month, and 12-month)
- Dance Studies Program
- Intensive Semester
- Audition Tour
- International Students
- F-1 Visa Programs
- BLUEPRINT Summer Intensive
- Global Summer Dance
- Performance Project
- Artist Residency
- Contact Us
Peridance rules and regulations are subject to change.
IN-STUDIO OPEN CLASSES
PERIDANCE CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- Cancellations for all classes must be made before the class start time. Students that do not attend the class will not receive any form of credit or exchange.
- All open class passes are only valid from the date of purchase until the designated expiration date. Single class passes are only valid for 14 days.
- All cancellations may be made on mindbody, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the class start time.
- Peridance is committed to keeping our community safe. If a student is feeling ill or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms please email email@example.com in order to cancel and extend a class pass, or to receive Peridance credit for a purchased class.
- Peridance reserves the right to cancel a class should the class have an enrollment of less than five students. If Peridance cancels a class due to low enrollment, the student will receive a credit to their account. No refund will be given.
COVID-19 Refund Policy
- In the event of a school closure due to COVID-19, Peridance will continue programming Online. No refunds will be given for programming changes due to COVID-19 such as, but not limited to travel restrictions, classes shifted from In-Studio to Online distance learning, substitute teachers, and any school closure due to a positive test result.
- If Peridance must cancel programming due to COVID-19, Peridance will issue In-House credit for future programming. No refunds will be given in such circumstances.
MAKEUP POLICY DUE TO INTERNET ISSUES
- Internet Issues on Peridance Side: if the teacher or host drops out due to internet connectivity issues more than twice and cannot make up time by adding additional time at the end of the class, a credit will be awarded for that single class to the student's MindBody account for future use.
- Internet Issues on the student side (your side): if you have signed up and paid for a class and cannot attend due to bad internet connection, we will retain a credit for you for that class. If your internet drops during a class more than twice and you cannot complete class, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will determine to retain you a class credit based on our class administrators report.
PLEASE NOTE: If a student attends 15 minutes or more of a class no class credit, or exchange may be given
REGISTRATION (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
- Click the Daily Schedule to find a class.
- Registration for classes opens five (5) days before the class and closes at the class start time.
- Class registration must be completed online via MindBody prior to arrival at Peridance. In the event that a student does not register online before arriving at Peridance, the student will be required to use their personal device to register and pay for class. Peridance will not facilitate registration for classes at this time.
- Peridance will only accept credit card payments through MindBody for all purchases.
- Peridance reserves the right to deny entry to any person who arrives late for a class. In order to limit large groups entering the building, it is imperative that each person arrives on time and no earlier than fifteen (15) minutes before their scheduled class time.
- Please click HERE to view our COVID-19 Updates for the Center.
Class Series In-Studio
- In-Studio Class Series may be used for In-Studio classes ONLY.
- Unused Class Cards that were purchased or expired in the month of March 2020 will be honored through February 28, 2021. To reactivate your class cards please email email@example.com. Upon reactivation, the monetary value of your remaining class cards will be added to your MindBody account as credit to be used for both In-Studio and Online Classes. Any class cards not reactivated before February 28, 2021 will NOT be honored and no reimbursement or credit will be given.
Online Classes (Via Zoom and MindBody)
- Online Class Cards Purchased between May-August 2020 will be honored through their expiration date.
- Download Zoom for either your mobile device or desktop prior to the start of your first class. You do not need to create a Zoom login or account to take our livestream classes.
- Enrollment opens five (5) days before the class, and closes at the class start time.
- Make sure you are in a place with a good internet connection - otherwise, the stream may skip.
- Online Classes are for Ages 13+. We also have summer sessions for Children & Teens.
- Ensure live-stream links arrive in the inbox (Gmail) *Make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email
- Your live-stream link can only be used once, so please do not share with other students. If two students are sharing a camera, verification that each student purchased a class will be required.
- Arrive ten (10) min before class starts to make sure there are no technical issues. Our staff will be present to help with any technical difficulties.
- Your previous Peridance class card series will not be valid on livestream classes.
- All classes are in Eastern Standard Time for New York, USA (EST), Coordinated Universal Time (UTC -4:00).
Our goal is to provide a safe and comfortable environment for everyone at Peridance Center. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with our policies.
- Please be prompt and arrive on time for your class. Latecomers disrupt everyone. Generally, instructors do not allow students to join in the class more than 10 minutes after the start time.
- Wear comfortable clothing that stretches, and remove any dangling jewelry.
- Cell phones, pagers, and other communications devices should be turned off before class. Please be polite to your teacher, to your classmates, and to everyone working at Peridance Center.
- Everybody is entitled to respect.
- Dance shoes should be worn only in the studio or on stage. Wearing dance shoes in a parking lot or on a street or sidewalk can damage the shoes and bring in dirt that can damage the dance floors.
- No food, drink (except water), or gum is allowed in any studio, and there is no smoking allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Possession, sale, and use of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances are not permitted on the premises at any time.
- Theft, lying, plagiarism, forgery, and all other forms of dishonesty will not be tolerated at any time. No form of harassment (sexual, verbal, or otherwise) or bullying will be tolerated at any time.
- Filming is prohibited in class without teacher's permission.
Peridance Center does not discriminate and will never refuse service to any prospective or current student on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or veteran status. However, to ensure the productive and safe operation of our classes, we reserve the right to refuse service, or to terminate service, to anyone on the basis of inappropriate or wrongful behavior at our building (or off-site location, if applicable). For example, Peridance Center reserves the right to terminate service to any student who violates any of our house rules or who is disruptive in class. Individuals asked to leave our building (or off-site location, if applicable) may be refused re-entrance and will not be entitled to any refund (full or partial).
Limitation of Liability
In consideration of Peridance Center's delivery of dance instruction to you and your expectation of receiving such instruction evidenced by your entry upon the property of Peridance Center and/or off-site location being used by Peridance Center, and your purchase of dance classes, you agree and acknowledge that:
- You freely and voluntarily assume any risks and hazards inherent in the nature of the dance class and, accordingly, your participation in the dance class shall be entirely at your own risk.
- You waive any claim you may have against Peridance Center arising from your participation in dance class and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Peridance Center for any claim, including any claim for medical services arising from your participation in any activity at the Peridance Center. This release, waiver of claim and assumption of risk is binding on you, your executors, administrators, personal representatives, and assignees.
Health and Safety
For minor injuries, ice packs and first aid kits are available for sign out.
Peridance Center works in partnership with the Harkness Center for Dance Injuries. All students should make use of this invaluable resource. The Harkness Center for Dance Injuries at the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases is dedicated to providing the dance community with the highest quality in injury care and preventative resources. They offer many subsidized and free services including orthopedic and sports medicine clinics, physical therapy and athletic training services, and injury prevention lectures and workshops. The Harkness Center for Dance Injuries is located at: 301 East 17th Street, New York, NY. For more information about the Harkness Center for Dance Injuries and for general information regarding healthcare for dancers and injury prevention, please go online to http://hjd.med.nyu.edu/harkness/ or call 212.598.6022.
A Resource List of additional medical facilities, doctors, orthopedists, physical therapists, nutritionists, psychologists, etc. is available by request for student review.
The nearest hospital is Beth Israel Medical Center, located at 10 Union Square East, New York, NY. For Emergencies, students should contact 911 or appropriate authorities.
Peridance Center is monitored by 24hr security cameras. Peridance Center has a cooperative relationship with the 9th Precinct of the NYPD. All crimes are reported directly to the NYPD. Peridance Center has a zero tolerance policy for malicious and/or illegal behavior. Students should report all incidents of assault, harassment, molestation, theft, hate crimes or other illegal behavior occurring on Center premises. If appropriate, the incident may be reported to the police.
In the case of natural disaster, fire, or other emergency, exits are clearly marked. Students should evacuate in an orderly fashion and reconvene across the street.
Peridance Center reserves the right to modify and change the terms and conditions of service at any time, so please check here regularly for any changes or updates. These policies were last updated in September 2011.