International Student Program FAQs

Peridance Contemporary Dance Company
KnJ Theater
Theater Rentals
Upcoming Performances
Adult Open Class Program
Daily Schedule
Video on Demand
Rates & COVID-19 Policies
New Students
Gift Certificates
The School at Peridance
Summer Classes & Camps
Training Programs
Certificate Program
MOPTOP Universal
Independent Study Program
(3-month, 6-month, and 12-month)
Peridance Ensemble
Audition Tour
International Students
F-1 Visa Programs
PCDC Summer Intensive
Global Summer Dance
36 Chambaz of Stylz
Performance Project
Artist Residency
Community Engagement
Contact Us

International Student Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of Visa does Peridance offer International Students?

Peridance Center only offers an F-1 Visa that enables international students to come to New York City to study at Peridance.

I have a different kind of Visa, is it possible to change my status?

Yes, but the process depends on the type of Visa you currently hold. Please contact the International Student Advisor at for more details.

I am currently enrolled in a different school, is it possible to transfer?

Yes! Peridance accepts students currently holding an F-1 visa who wish to transfer from a different school. International students seeking to transfer to Peridance must fill out the same registration and application forms as new students. The transfer process can take 2-4 weeks to process.

What kinds of programs are included in the Dance Studies Programs at Peridance?

The International Student Program includes several different programs of concentration: Independent Study Program, Limón Professional Studies Program, Certificate Program.

How much does the Program cost?

Tuition varies by session and duration. Please see the Tuition page for cost specifics. Participation in special workshops, seminars, or master classes may incur additional cost(s).

Are all fees included in tuition?

No. The non-refundable registration fee of $350 is not included. Tuition covers the costs of the student's basic coursework. There will be an additional SEVIS fee that all students seeking the F-1 visa must pay, as well as the visa interview fee that must be paid to the US Consulate in the applicant's homeland. All living expenses will be additional too.

Do I need to be an advanced dancer to be part of the Program?

No. Students of all levels of training may apply. The Independent Study Program is open to all levels. The Certificate Program and Limon Professional Studies Program are designed for dancers at an intermediate to advanced level and require an audition.

What are the age requirements?

You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for any of the International Student Programs. The Certificate Program is designed for students up to 25 years of age.

Are there performance opportunities for International Students?

Yes. International Students have the opportunity to take part in multiple performances throughout the year including the Peridance Faculty and Student Showcases. Certificate Program and Limon Professional Studies Program students engage in performances limited to their own programs.

How many classes do we take each month?

The number of classes required varies by program. Students in the Indpendent Study Program take about 52 classes per month. Students in Certificate Program and Limon Professional Studies Program take from 52- 75 classes per month. All students must take a minimum of 18 hours of dance study each week.

Can I take additional classes beyond my 52 classes?

Yes. International students can purchase a 10 class card series at a discounted rate to use above your allotted classes.

What kinds of classes can I take?

International Students can take any classes within the Peridance open class schedule. Depending on the program of enrollment, you may also have classes that are only for students within your program. For specifics, please see the individual Program.

Can I extend my period of study?

Yes. You can extend your program with another period of study at Peridance.

Does Peridance provide job-placement assistance?

No, but OPT and CPT opportunities are available to students who qualify.

Does Peridance provide housing assistance?

Please contact Peridance's International Student Advisor at for more information.

Does Peridance provide financial aid?

Yes. Please visit our Scholarships page for more information.

How do I apply?

Please see How to Apply!

Peridance Partners

| 126 East 13th Street New York, NY 10003 U.S.A. | Tel: 212-505-0886 | Fax 212-674-2239 |
Due to a high volume of calls, email is the preferred method of communication at this time. Visit our contact page to find the email that best assists your needs.
Copyright 2023 Peridance Center | NYC Dance Center. All Rights Reserved