- Open Classes
- Daily Schedule
- Workshops & Guest Classes
- New Students
- Class Rates
- The School at Peridance
- Children/Teen Classes
- Summer Programs
- Pre-Professional Training
- Student Companies
- Spring Choreographers' Showcase
- Contact Us
- Professional Training Programs
- Certificate Program
- Intensive Semester
- International Student Program
- Limon Program
- PLUNGE Seminar
- Summer Intensive
- Winter Intensive
- Contact Us
- Capezio Store
- Salvatore Capezio Theater
- About the School
- Job Opportunities
The Intensive Semester is an excellent program for students looking for a short-term training program. The Program provides students with an individually tailored class schedule, based on each student's level and goals. The Program is open for domestic and international students who can choose to focus on classical, contemporary, or commercial dance techniques.
"Learning is a matter of intensity not elapsed time." - Tom Peters
The Intensive Semester offers:
- An individually customized schedule of 15 weekly technique and body conditioning classes.
- A large variety of dance disciplines to choose from.
- Personal mentoring and one-on-one sessions and evaluations.
- One special master class or one workshop class which are drawn from Peridance's open class offerings.
- Networking opportunities with industry professionals and faculty.
- Certificate of Completion and Academic Transcript.
- Weekly preformance seminar culminating studio showcases.
- Final performance showcase with faculty choreographer.
The program is designed to help each student find his or her own creative and artistic voice in a nurturing and supportive environment. Emphasis is placed on audition preparation, exposing students to a network of professional artists and faculty currently working in the dance world.
The Intensive Semester also includes:
Discounts with partnering businesses - Discounts on additional classes purchased - Discounts on Peridance merchandise - Available list of housing resources - Discounted performance tickets at the Salvatore Capezio Theater - Free Injury Prevention Assessment through the Harkness Center for Dance Injuries
Dates 2018 - Download Registration
|Semester||Application Deadline||Start Date||End Date||Vacation|
|Fall 2018||August 1st, 2018||September 1st, 2018||February 28th, 2019||2 week|
|Spring 2019||February 1st, 2019||March 1st, 2019||August 31st, 2019||2 week|