- Open Class Program
- Daily Schedule
- Workshops & Guest Classes
- New Students
- Class Rates
- Gift Cards
- The School at Peridance
- Children/Teen Classes
- Summer Programs
- Core Program
- Student Companies
- Spring Choreographers' Showcase
- Contact Us
- Training Programs
- Certificate Program
- Dance Studies Program
- Intensive Semester
- PLUNGE Seminar
- Limon Program
- International Students
- F-1 Visa Programs
- BLUEPRINT Summer Intensive
- Teen Summer Intensive
- Winter Intensive
- Choreographic Development Project
- Contact Us
- Capezio Store
- About the School
- Job Opportunities
Peridance Capezio Center Policies
Our goal is to provide a safe and comfortable environment for everyone at Peridance Capezio Center. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with our policies.
- Please be prompt and arrive on time for your class. Latecomers disrupt everyone. Generally, instructors do not allow students to join in the class more than 15 minutes after the start time.
- Wear comfortable clothing that stretches, and remove any dangling jewelry.
- Cell phones, pagers, and other communications devices should be turned off before class. Please be polite â€“ to your teacher, to your classmates, and to everyone working at Peridance Capezio Center.
- Everybody is entitled to respect.
- Dance shoes should be worn only in the studio or on stage. Wearing dance shoes in a parking lot or on a street or sidewalk can damage the shoes and bring in dirt that can damage the dance floors.
- No food, drink (except water), or gum is allowed in any studio, and there is no smoking allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Possession, sale, and use of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances are not permitted on the premises at any time.
- Theft, lying, plagiarism, forgery, and all other forms of dishonesty will not be tolerated at any time. No form of harassment (sexual, verbal, or otherwise) or bullying will be tolerated at any time.
Peridance Capezio Center does not discriminate and will never refuse service to any prospective or current student on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or veteran status. However, to ensure the productive and safe operation of our classes, we reserve the right to refuse service, or to terminate service, to anyone on the basis of inappropriate or wrongful behavior at our building (or off-site location, if applicable). For example, Peridance Capezio Center reserves the right to terminate service to any student who violates any of our house rules or who is disruptive in class. Individuals asked to leave our building (or off-site location, if applicable) may be refused re-entrance and will not be entitled to any refund (full or partial).
- Peridance Capezio Center does not offer any refunds except in extenuating circumstances that must be approved by management. In these special cases, students may be offered class credit only. This credit can be used towards any activity at Peridance Capezio Center.
- Class card series are non-refundable and non-transferable. There are no refunds for missed or skipped classes. Peridance Capezio Center can only issue class credit if the student withdraws from a single class within the first 15 minutes of class. Refund for payments made by credit card will bear an additional deduction of 3.5% to cover credit card fees.
- Pre-registered workshops are non-refundable if notice of withdrawal is provided less than seven days prior to the start of the workshop. If the student withdraws more than seven days prior to the start of the workshop, the student will receive the full amount as a refund minus a deduction of 3.5% to cover credit card fees if applicable.
- Coupons and special offers are bound by the restrictions specified on the coupon or special offer. Gift certificates are non-refundable.
Limitation of Liability
In consideration of Peridance Capezio Center's delivery of dance instruction to you and your expectation of receiving such instruction evidenced by your entry upon the property of Peridance Capezio Center and/or off-site location being used by Peridance Capezio Center, and your purchase of dance classes, you agree and acknowledge that:
- You freely and voluntarily assume any risks and hazards inherent in the nature of the dance class and, accordingly, your participation in the dance class shall be entirely at your own risk.
- You waive any claim you may have against Peridance Capezio Center arising from your participation in dance class and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Peridance Capezio Center for any claim, including any claim for medical services arising from your participation in any activity at the Peridance Capezio Center. This release, waiver of claim and assumption of risk is binding on you, your executors, administrators, personal representatives, and assignees.
Health and Safety
For minor injuries, ice packs and first aid kits are available for sign out.
Peridance Capezio Center works in partnership with the Harkness Center for Dance Injuries. All students should make use of this invaluable resource. The Harkness Center for Dance Injuries at the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases is dedicated to providing the dance community with the highest quality in injury care and preventative resources. They offer many subsidized and free services including orthopedic and sports medicine clinics, physical therapy and athletic training services, and injury prevention lectures and workshops. The Harkness Center for Dance Injuries is located at: 301 East 17th Street, New York, NY. For more information about the Harkness Center for Dance Injuries and for general information regarding healthcare for dancers and injury prevention, please go online to http://hjd.med.nyu.edu/harkness/ or call 212.598.6022.
A Resource List of additional medical facilities, doctors, orthopedists, physical therapists, nutritionists, psychologists, etc. is available by request for student review.
The nearest hospital is Beth Israel Medical Center, located at 10 Union Square East, New York, NY. For Emergencies, students should contact 911 or appropriate authorities.
Peridance Capezio Center is monitored by 24hr security cameras. Peridance Capezio Center has a cooperative relationship with the 9th Precinct of the NYPD. All crimes are reported directly to the NYPD. Peridance Capezio Center has a zero tolerance policy for malicious and/or illegal behavior. Students should report all incidents of assault, harassment, molestation, theft, hate crimes or other illegal behavior occurring on Center premises. If appropriate, the incident may be reported to the police.
In the case of natural disaster, fire, or other emergency, exits are clearly marked. Students should evacuate in an orderly fashion and reconvene across the street
Peridance Capezio Center reserves the right to modify and change the terms and conditions of service at any time, so please check here regularly for any changes or updates. These policies were last updated in September 2011.