- Open Classes
- Class Schedule
- New Students
- Class Rates
- The School at Peridance
- Children/Teen Classes
- Summer Programs
- Pre-Professional Training
- Youth Ensemble
- Contact Us
- Teen Intensive
- Winter Intensive
- 2017 AUDITION TOUR
- Professional Training Programs
- Certificate Program
- Intensive Semester
- Limon Program
- International Student Program
- Contact Us
- About the School
- APAP Showcases
- Job Opportunities
Job opportunities at Peridance allow students to work in exchange for classes. Peridance recognizes how important training is for developing pre-professional and professional dancers, and how difficult it can sometimes be to find one's way into the classroom! Students can earn discounted or free classes as interns with the office staff, as work-study with the front desk or at in-house performances, or as cafe workers. You can find details on each position below. All positions are non-permanent and are unpaid.
Current Available Positions
Peridance's Internship Program provides real world, practical knowledge of the daily operations in a professional New York City dance center. Interns will be expected to work on multiple long-term projects with an emphasis on developmental strategies as well as internal organization. Interns must be responsible for working with minimal supervision and completing projects on a deadline. Consistent and reliable work hours will be mutually established and must be adhered to for the entirety of the internship period. The position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment with detailed accuracy. Applicants must currently reside in NYC and have a strong command of English with secondary languages a plus.
- Applicants must commit to 15 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months
- Must be proficient in a Mac environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, social networking sites, Photoshop, and Illustrator a must
- Video editing skills using Final Cut Pro, iMovie etc.
- Excellent writing skills
- Priority will be given to those with experience in dance administration who are pursuing or have completed their college education
- Invaluable knowledge and experience working in a top NYC dance center
- Connections and relationships with the local and international dance community
- Unlimited free classes at Peridance (work schedule takes priority)
- Discounted rates on workshops, performances, studio rentals, and Peridance merchandise
- Personal recommendation letters
To apply, please pick up an application at the front desk during office hours (no online application) and submit your dance and administrative resume along with your application, bio, and headshot. Once applications are screened, an interview will be scheduled.
Peridance's Work-Study program provides students with the opportunity to work in exchange for discounted classes. Duties include customer service such as checking-in students, handling payments and maintaining student records, as well as general office work such as cleaning, answering phone calls, relaying messages and providing basic information to the public. Cleaning or maintenance duties require late hours of work.
- Applicants must reside in NYC and commit to a minimum of 3 months
- Proficiency in English (additional languages a plus)
- Prior experience in customer service a must
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask with detailed accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in a Mac environment with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Students working a minimum of 6 hours per week will receive a class card for every 1.5 hours worked. A class card plus $6 can be redeemed for a class at Peridance. Workshops and special master classes require an additional fee
To apply, please pick up an application at the Front Desk during office hours (no online application) and submit it along with your dance and work resume and a headshot. We will contact you for an interview based on qualifications and availability.
Are you an experienced barista? Peridance Capezio Center's new Cafe is in need of helping hands! Do you have prior experience operating an espresso machine or working at a coffee shop/restaurant? If so, please consider applying for a Work Study position. Fill out an application at the front desk and please attach your resume and headshot.
Positions are considered Work-Study, and each shift will be 6 hours: 9am - 3pm or 3pm - 9pm
Peridance Capezio Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.