- Peridance Online Studio Connect
- Peridance Contemporary Dance Company
- KnJ Theater
- Training Programs
- Certificate Program
- Dance Studies Program
- Intensive Semester
- Independent Studies Program
(3-month and 6-month)
- Audition Tour
- Open Class Program
- Daily Schedule
- New Students
- Class Rates
- Gift Certificates
- The School at Peridance
- Children/Teen Classes
- Summer Programs
- Core Program
- Student Companies
- Student Company Showcase
- Spring Choreographers' Showcase
- International Students
- F-1 Visa Programs
- BLUEPRINT Summer Intensive
- Summer Intensives
- Winter Intensive
Take a tour of the KnJ Theater
The theater is available for performances on:
Key Technical Points
- Seating capacity: 142 (maximum)
- Full Ticketing Services are availble, please email us for more information
- Full lighting and sound capabilities
- Stage dimensions: 35'6 wide x 30' deep x 16'6 high (in feet)
- 16'6 high from floor to ceiling (in feet)
- 14' feet from floor to the beam
- Backstage cross-over
- Marley floors (sprung)
- Fully climate-controlled space
- Upstage black traveling curtain, cyc, scrim
- 10 hard black legs (four 5' wings on each side)
- A large dressing room & warm-up studio
- On-site Peridance Cafe (May be open upon request)
- Reception (pre-show or post-show)
- Photo and video packages available
Please fill out the Theater Rental Inquiry Form or call 212-505-0886 during business hours to inquire about our rental fees. We offer nonprofit rates. Included in your rental package: Theater Manager, Sound Technician, & ushers.
Renter must provide its own stage manager and Lighting Designer, though Peridance can offer references if necessary.
A deposit of $1000 is due upon signing the contract in order to reserve the space. The remaining balance must be paid in full two weeks prior to the first technical rehearsal.
We accept payment by cash, check and credit card (Visa, Master Card and Discover). All checks should be made out to PeridanceCenter, LLC.
Performance rental is a total of 4 hours (from when dancers enter the dressing rooms to when they clear the stage and dressing room area) with a maximum show time of 2 hours. Technical rehearsal is a minimum of 4 hours. Overtime will incur additional fees.
Renter must provide appropriate flooring/protective covering for any shoes (tap, flamenco), instruments (pianos, cellos etc.) and props that could damage the marley floors.
The Renter agrees to indemnify and hold Peridance and its employees, agents and officers harmless from any liability or claim resulting from or pertaining to the activities to be carried out under the rental agreement.
Renters are responsible for their equipment, properties, costumes, scenery, etc. Peridance cannot store large items between shows.
Peridance Center is strictly a non-smoking facility. No gum, food, or beverages (with the exception of water) are allowed in the theater or studios.
The KnJ Theater is available for rental by any performance artist or company. Both commercial and non-profit groups are welcome.