Job opportunities at Peridance allow students to work in exchange for classes. Peridance recognizes how important training is for developing pre-professional and professional dancers, and how difficult it can sometimes be to find one's way into the classroom! Students can earn discounted or free classes as interns with the office staff, as work-study with the front desk or at in-house performances, or as cafe workers. You can find details on each position below. All positions are non-permanent and are unpaid.
Peridance's Internship Program provides real world, practical knowledge of the daily operations in a professional New York City dance center. Interns will be expected to work on multiple long-term projects with an emphasis on developmental strategies as well as internal organization. Interns must be responsible for working with minimal supervision and completing projects on a deadline. Consistent and reliable work hours will be mutually established and must be adhered to for the entirety of the internship period. The position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment with detailed accuracy. Applicants must currently reside in NYC and have a strong command of English with secondary languages a plus.
Peridance is currently seeking a Media Intern.
- Applicants must commit to 15 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months
- Must be proficient in a Mac environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, social networking sites, Photoshop, and Illustrator a must
- Video editing skills using IMovie, Final Cut, etc.
- Excellent writing skills
- Priority will be given to those with experience in dance administration who are pursuing or have completed their college education
- Invaluable knowledge and experience working in a top NYC dance center
- Connections and relationships with the local and international dance community
- Unlimited free classes at Peridance (work schedule takes priority)
- Discounted rates on workshops, performances, studio rentals, and Peridance merchandise
- Personal recommendation letters
To apply, please pick up an application at the front desk during office hours (no online application) and submit your dance and administrative resume along with your application, bio, and headshot. Once applications are screened, an interview will be scheduled.
For more information, please contact Mr. Yarden Ronen, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Media Intern” as the subject.
Peridance Capezio Center is currently seeking a qualified grant writer to identify, write, and submit grants to benefit the non-profit Peridance Contemporary Dance Company and its junior company the Peridance Youth Ensemble. Applicant's responsibility will include identifying and researching potential individual, corporate and foundation donors, writing funding applications, and following through. Applicant must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be fluent with computers, online tools and resources, and have a history of successful grant applications in the arts. Schedule is flexible. Experience with New York City and New York State grant procedures is required.
To apply, please send a cover letter including an itemized list of your experiences in grant writing for the arts (specifically dance), and a writing sample.
Attach all in one e-mail to the attention of Samantha Ringstaff at email@example.com. (Please indicate in the subject line: Grant Writer)
Peridance's Work-Study program provides students with the opportunity to work in exchange for discounted classes. Duties include customer service such as checking-in students, handling payments and maintaining student records, as well as general office work such as cleaning, answering phone calls, relaying messages and providing basic information to the public. Cleaning or maintenance duties require late hours of work.
Requirements: - Applicants must reside in NYC and commit to a minimum of 3 months
- Proficiency in English (additional languages a plus)
- Prior experience in customer service a must
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask with detailed accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in a Mac environment with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Students working a minimum of 6 hours per week will receive a class card for every 1.5 hours worked. A class card plus $3 can be redeemed for a class at Peridance. Workshops and special master classes require an additional fee
-Students working 12 hours per week will receive unlimited free classes
-Discounted rates on workshops, performances, studio rentals, and Peridance merchandise!
To apply, please pick up an application at the Front Desk during office hours (no online application) and submit it along with your dance and work resume and a headshot. We will contact you for an interview based on qualifications and availability.
SHOP: WORK IN EXCHANGE FOR DANCE CLASSES!
Are you an experienced barista? Peridance Capezio Center's new Cafe' is in need of helping hands!
Do you have prior experience operating an espresso machine or working
at a coffee shop/restaurant?
If so, please consider applying for a Work Study position. Fill out
an application at the front desk and please attach your resume and headshot.
Positions are considered Work-Study,
and each shift will be 6 hours:
9am - 3pm or 3pm - 9pm
Contact Us: 126 East 13th Street New York, NY 10003 U.S.A. | Tel: 212-505-0886 | Fax: 212-674-2239 | Email: Info@peridance.com