- Peridance Contemporary Dance Company
- Salvatore Capezio Theater
- Open Class Program
- Daily Schedule
- New Students
- Class Rates
- Gift Certificates
- The School at Peridance
- Children/Teen Classes
- Summer Programs
- Core Program
- Student Companies
- Spring Choreographers' Showcase
- Training Programs
- Certificate Program
- Dance Studies Program
- Intensive Semester
- PLUNGE Program
- Audition Tour
- International Students
- F-1 Visa Programs
- BLUEPRINT Summer Intensive
- Teen Summer Intensive
- Winter Intensive
- Capezio Store
The Certificate Program offers students two distinct tracks of study, each with the goal of providing essential technical and artistic skills that will enable them to fulfill their professional career goals.
For students who want more of a conservative approach to their training, the Ballet/Contemporary Track offers not only customized training but also dance academics, choreography opportunities, repertory, and performances. Students will train with master teachers in classical Ballet, Modern, and Contemporary to pave a path for company and concert stage work. In addition, the curriculum includes specialized closed classes such as Pointe, Men's class, Partnering, Improvisation, Voice, and more.
Ballet/Contemporary Track graduates have established themselves as working professionals dancing with Peridance Contemporary Dance Company, Parsons Dance, Balletto Teatro di Torino, Ballet Hispanico, Les Ballets Trockadero de Montecarlo, Sidra Bell Dance New York, Gallim Dance, Bat-Sheva Ensemble in Israel, MICHIYAYA Dance, BARE Dance Company, and De Funes Dance Company.
Commercial Dance Track
For students looking to dance with Beyonce or in a Broadway show, the Commercial Dance Track is a comprehensive, integrated approach to combine technical training to the professional world of commercial dance. In addition to technical training in Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary, and Modern, this track offers a versatile training with current working professionals in Hip Hop, Street Jazz, Waacking, House, Dance Hall, Voguing, Heels, Popping, Acting, Voice, and more. Students will receive industry guidance paving the way to become an established working dancer in the entertainment industry.
Commercial Dance Track graduates have entered the industry working for the Dr. Oz Show, Beyonce, Kelly Roland (BET), Kanye West, Will Smith, Travie McCoy, Bea Miller, Revlon, Nike, MTV, Google, Youtube, Adidas, Lucille Roberts Fitness, Saturday Night Live, Good Morning America, Adidas, Camila Cabello, Porsche Cars, and RuPaul's Drag Race, Mystic India - the World Tour, Capezio Brands, Marriott Hotels, and more. Dancers have also gone on to be signed with talent agencies such as MSA and Bloc.
Both Tracks include:
- 3-4 technique classes per day
- Dance and academic classes
- Repertory with rotating choreographers
- Body conditioning classes including Yoga/Pilates/Stretch/GYROKINESIS
- Personal mentoring and guidance to support goals
- Contact and network-building with top choreographers, teachers, directors, and agents
- Agency guidance
During the program, students will have opportunities to perform and demonstrate their technical proficiency and artistry. These performances offer a medium for students to be evaluated and receive feedback from the Peridance Artistic Director, faculty, and an outside professional jury for studio showings of works-in-progress. During the Spring and Fall semester, students will also participate in professional performances at Peridanceâ€™s Salvatore Capezio Theater to give students the exciting opportunity to demonstrate their artistic skills and talents.
The Certificate Program develops a student's knowledge, experience, technical proficiency, and artistic mastery that align with the institution's mission and the program's goals. Students who complete the program are prepared to work in the competitive international dance arena, supported by strong technique, artistic sensibility, and overall a comprehensive education.
Upon completion graduating students are expected to achieve:
- Strong dance technique in the chosen track
- Strong performance skills, stage presence, and live-performance experience
- Knowledge of music composition, dance history, and the principles of creating choreography
- Heightened artistic sensibility
- A dynamic network within the local and international dance communities
To meet the academic standards for the Certificate Program, students must fulfill each of the following requirements:
- Students are required to accrue 15 credits per semester for a total of 60 credits for the full program
- Students must achieve a minimum C grade, which is a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 1.76
- Financial account must be paid in full