- The Company
- Peridance Contemporary Dance Company
- Open Classes
- Class Schedule
- New Students
- Class Rates
- The School at Peridance
- Children/Teen Classes
- Pre-Professional Training Program
- Peridance Youth Ensemble
- Children's Summer Programs
- Salvatore Capezio Theater
- Faculty/Student Showcases
- The Nutcracker
- APAP Showcases
- Professional Training Programs
- Certificate Program
- International Student Open Program
- Limon Intensive Program
- GYROTONIC / GYROKINESIS
- Summer Programs
- BLUEPRINT Summer Intensive
- Teen Summer Intensive
- Contact Us
- About the School
- International Students Info
- Community Outreach
- Job Opportunities
Peridance Center has been a core member of New York City's dance community since its inception in 1983. In partnership with Capezio/Ballet Makers Inc., the center now has a new home and name - Peridance Capezio Center.
Peridance Capezio Center provides a broad spectrum of dance education within a nurturing and professional environment, preparing dancers for the continually evolving international dance arena. Peridance offers over 250 weekly adult classes, which are open for everyone to join, a world-renowned Faculty, International Student Program, Two-year Certificate Program and The School at Peridance; a graded children's program training the next generation of dancers in a variety of dance styles. The Center is also home to the acclaimed Peridance Contemporary Dance Company, formally known as the Peridance Ensemble.
Maintaining its original roots in Union Square, Peridance Capezio Center is excited about its new home: a beautiful landmark building featuring six spacious, state-of-the-art, sprung and column-free studios. All studios are professionally equipped for classes, auditions and rentals. The Center also hosts an in-house Studio Theater and a coffee shop.
Commended by Dance Magazine as "a place for serious dancers", Peridance Capezio Center has continually maintained its reputation for excellence drawing students in from around the globe. Peridance Capezio Center offers technique classes in all major dance disciplines for dancers of all levels. Each year, students and professionals from all over the world come to experience a wide range of workshops and master classes offered by a roster of internationally acclaimed guest teachers and choreographers. The center's curriculum also integrates a variety of classes, for the dancer and non-dancer alike, designed to strengthen the body and increase flexibility of movement.
Peridance Capezio Center enjoys strong affiliations and close relationships with various professional companies and dance institutions, creating a vibrant dance community that enhances both educational and networking opportunities. Students directly benefit from being immersed in this vibrant dance community, enriching their day-to-day study and obtaining opportunities to further their career.
Peridance Capezio Center is the culmination of years of hard work and a firm belief in dance as a positive force. The integration of the traditional technique classes offered alongside the cutting-edge dance styles emerging today has enabled the school to maintain its original premise: offering dance education with integrity and high quality, without being compromised by commercialism. It is the fulfillment of Igal Perry's artistic vision and a source of inspiration for those who want to make dance an important part of their lives.
For over 25 years, Peridance has been a recognizable force in the community, a place where toddlers, teenagers and adults can dance and learn alongside professional dancers, acclaimed teachers and International students from around the globe. Peridance Capezio Center remains dedicated to:
- Offering accessible dance classes of the highest caliber in all styles, for all ages and all levels;
- Offering dancers the opportunity to learn repertory and work with world-renowned guest artists and master teachers;
- Providing affordable, high quality studios and performance spaces for artists to create and perform in a comfortable and friendly environment;
- Maintaining a strong national and international presence in dance education, as a leading New York City based dance school;
- Bringing dance and the performing arts into the local community and positively influencing future generations of artists.